CIA team is committed to making your admission process as smooth as possible.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Completed Application Form: CIA’s application has several required documents: School transcripts Recommendations Personal statements (Optional) Resume All documentation must be provided in English (or must be supplemented by a notarized translation into English).
- Proof of Funding : Proof of funding can be one of the following: A Copy of a bank statement from a savings account Certificate of deposit money market account showing proof of funding by your sponsor a letter from the bank verifying that the required funds are reserved for your education. We require proof of one year’s tuition and fees, equal to $50,000 USD for our undergraduate programs.
- Declaration of Financial Support: A letter from your sponsor stating that they intend to cover all tuition and living expenses during your education at the CIA. Students must submit this even if supporting themselves.
- Proof of English: Proficiency If English is not your native language, you need to demonstrate proficiency in the language. You can do this in one of two ways: Test results Participation in classroom instruction Learn about CIA’s English proficiency requirement.
- Student Visa: Lastly, international students are required to obtain a visa to study in the United States. Contact us to know more If you face any hurdles in your application process, our team is always happy to assist. Connect with us to know more.
International students are required to prove their English proficiency before they can be enrolled in the CIA.
This can be done in 2 ways:
Through a language exam. Completing a course of study at an approved language school. Note: This requirement may be waived for native English speakers. Contact your admissions counselor for more information.
English Proficiency Exams Scores from any one of the following exams qualifies as proof for English proficiency:
- IELTS—Overall minimum score of 6.0
- TOEFL—Overall minimum score of 80 with a minimum band score of 20 in each section.
- Pearson—Overall minimum score of 53.
- Cambridge English—Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 180, with minimum score of 175 in each skill.
- DuoLingo—Overall minimum score of 105.
- Language Cert—Overall minimum score of 33 Language School: Conditional Acceptance.
Conditional acceptance is offered when there are still terms that need to be met for your CIA acceptance to be finalised. In this case: English proficiency. If you are unable to successfully complete a language exam, you may use the conditional acceptance pathway to the CIA. The CIA works with numerous language schools for the same. Connect with us to know more!
The CIA offers a number of merit and need based scholarships to international students enrolling at our New York, California and Texas campuses. Scholarships differ from campus to campus, so please read through the details on the following link for more information You can also refer to their video library with helpful playlists on these topics.
Check it out here: https://ciachef.financialaidtv.com/
Please remember: For most scholarships, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to read about ways to avoid errors when filling out this application.
There are two types of visas that may be issued to international students: the F-1 Visa or the M-1 Visa. Please connect with us to know more!
The CIA have an admissions team specific to international students ready to answer all your queries Please connect with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Meet Us page for more info.
Yes, CIA offer part time jobs to students. Most students are being offered employment through the Earn and Learn Scholarship program.